EGBIN POWER PLC, Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Black Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Before the construction of the Egbin Power Plc, Lagos, the Ijora Power Station which is reputed as the oldest power generating plant in the country was the main source of electricity supply around.
Operations & Maintenance Technician Trainee Programme 2020
Job Type Full Time
Experience 0 – 2 Years
Job Field Graduate Jobs/Engineering
- The Operations & Maintenance Technician Trainee Programme is an intensive blended training, designed to build and develop well trained technicians across all aspect of power engineering.
- The selected candidates will garner experience across the various technical departments of the power plant, acquiring requisite competencies to contribute to the achievement of the company’s overall strategic objectives.
- National Technical Certificate (Issued by NABTEB) in either Electrical & Wiring, Machining, Welding & Fabrication or any other Engineering related field.
- Ordinary National Diploma in any of the following Engineering Fields (Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Production, Metallurgic and Material) Engineering or any other related Engineering field.
- 0-2 years’ relevant experience in any organization.
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to read, interpret and carry out complex written and oral instructions
- Good tool handling skills
- Knowledge of the principles of general science
- Basic mechanical, hydraulic and lab principles
- General knowledge of the methods, practices, tools, materials and machines used in the assigned craft.
- Good knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods
- Basic observation skills, repairs and troubleshooting
- Good use and care of common hand tools and equipment used in the maintenance of large complex machinery and equipment.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.