Citi has been doing business in Nigeria since 1984. The bank formerly operated under the name Nigeria International Bank Limited, but was renamed to Citibank Nigeria Limited (Citi Nigeria) in 2008 to fully align with Citi’s global brand and identity. The bank has a strategic business focus in Nigeria specializing mainly in Corporate Banking and servicing mostly corporate clients. Citi Nigeria offers a broad range of services, including global transaction services, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions (including other banks) and public sector organizations. Within the industry, Citi is known for its innovation as it has successfully leveraged its global network and extensive knowledge base to offer its Nigerian clients innovative products and services. Businesses The bank offers a broad range of services, including transaction services, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions (including other banks) and public sector organizations. In August 2008, Citi launched its Direct Custody and Clearing Services in Nigeria, the 53rd market on its proprietary network – the largest in the world. The DCC business will facilitate business transactions for clients and investors looking to do business in Nigeria. With 12 branches across the country, Citi Nigeria continues to develop innovative products and services for its customers in and around strategic locations. Sustainability At Citi Nigeria, we are committed to the needs of the communities in which we operate.
Middle East and Africa Analyst Program
Job Type Full Time
Experience: 3 Years
Job Unit Banking
- Citi is looking for fresh graduates to join the team in various locations across the Middle East and Africa region.
- The MEA Analyst Program begins in July with a 3-week training program in Dubai. Formal training begins with an orientation and induction sessions providing an overview of Citi, followed by classroom training sessions. Analysts have the opportunity to meet representatives from multiple business areas as well as network with other Analysts from across the Middle East and Africa region.
- The classroom training program is followed by 4 x 3-month rotations across various business areas of Citi, including Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS), Corporate Bank, Operations & Technology (O&T), and Risk. In some countries, the Risk rotation will be replaced by another business area.
- In the Middle East and Africa, we have offices and potential opportunities in Algeria, Bahrain, Cameroon, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Egypt, Gabon, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Qatar, Senegal, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, United Arab Emirates and Zambia.
Your time here will look something like this
The jobs that you will do and the responsibilities that you will be given will be as varied as your rotations. Below are some examples of the tasks the Analyst may be performing during their rotations. These are only examples – you will also often find yourself working on unique projects and process improvements:
- Source and create pitch and marketing material, liaising with product partners and the Bankers.
- Maintain regular and frequent dialogue with product partners to assist with relationship maintenance.
- Assist in managing the Corporate Banking relationship infrastructure, including approvals and documentation.
- Produce and update client plans in conjunction with product partners and bankers.
- Collaborate within the team to manage the portfolio and individual client risk.
- Interact with Citi’s network around the region.
Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS):
- Develop an understanding of the cash, trade and sales products and processes.
- Track market developments across the region and share geopolitical, economic and banking industry trends that may affect the business with a consultative approach.
- Prepare and analyze financials while ensuring actuals and run-rated projections meet the business plans.
- Liaise with partners across TTS to capture key client and product pipelines/wins are to be showcased in business reviews.
- Develop an understanding of and be able to apply at an Analyst level: Risk reporting, spreading, risk ratings, Corporate/FI/Public Sector Credit Analysis writing and stress testing.
- Understanding projections, scenarios, assumptions and variance analysis.
- Reading and interpreting cash flow statements, balance sheet, income statements etc.
- Taking part in client calls / site visits.
- Understanding regulatory requirements and impact on the organization.
Operations & Technology (O&T):
- Develop a good understanding and appreciation of the operations processes. Understand the functions carried out within the subunits of operations.
- Analyze volumes, address & resolve issues, identify wasteful activities and suggest improvements that can save cost/time/improve processes.
- Understand workflow, key controls and key risks linked to various products. Accurately evaluate risks as they relate to key business objectives. Assess the effectiveness of key controls.
- Develop an understanding of the impact of regulatory and financial impacts on the organization.
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed
- During your training program in Dubai, you will receive an in-depth education on a variety of topics to learn the fundamentals of the Analyst role.
- These topics can include training in financial statements, credit analysis, treasury and operations.
- You will also have the opportunity to network with senior representatives from multiple business areas who will introduce you to Citi and its culture.
- So whatever your degree is in, we will give you the training you need to excel. Upon successful completion of the program, you can apply for full-time opportunities within the Citi network via our internal mobility opportunities.
- You have recently completed your university degree or will complete it prior to July 2020
- You have a minimum grade of 2:1, a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 or equivalent in any degree discipline
- You have an interest in business and banking
- You must have completed one year of National Service (if applicable)
- You have less than 3 years of work experience
- You are fluent in English
- Nigerian nationals preferred.
Who we think will be a great fit
We’re looking for motivated individuals who are eager to start their careers at a global organization, tend to think globally, and have an innovative outlook on business. We know that anyone, not just those with business degrees, can have a knack for business, so we’re open to all disciplines. We’ll also be looking for the following:
- Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry.
- Intellectual curiosity and proactive approach to searching for new and creative ideas.
- Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills.
- Commitment to personal growth and career development including mobility and flexibility. You also have a strong desire to learn, are proactive, building rapport and relationships in team environments.
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity ethical decision-making.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: Not Specified
Method of Application
Note: If you meet the criteria above, we encourage you to apply promptly.