Cordros Asset Management Limited is a company committed to growth – the growth of our clients and their assets. We are a leading Financial Services company, licensed as Brokers/Issuing House and Fund/Portfolio Managers by The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC).
e work with a diversified clientele, consisting of private clients, small businesses, financial institutions & corporations and governments. Every relationship is built on a true partnership and underpinned by Cordros’s growth philosophy. The use of the nautilus shell – with its continuous growth pattern – is a visual symbol of this philosophy. Not only does it reflect the real-life application of the golden ratio* but it is relevant to the safe harbouring of management and finances.
While every nautilus shell is identifiable by its miraculous spiral, each one is different. It is with this in mind that we create solutions that are relevant and add value to the specific needs and goals of each one of our clients.
2020 Cordros Academy Program
Job Type Full Time
Experience 0 – 1 Year
Job Field Banking
- The Cordros Academy Program offers highly motivated individuals’ an opportunity to gain capital market experience, test drive a career in financial services at a leading financial services group, offering services in securities trading, asset management, investment banking, research and investment analysis and licensed as Brokers/Issuing House and Fund/Portfolio Managers by the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Successful candidates will perform fundamental research and analysis across various sectors (Financial Services, Energy, FMCGs, Telecoms, Agriculture, Pharmaceutical, etc.) and the companies within them, as well as interact with industry experts and analysts.
- Create and maintain earnings, valuation, and industrial models for their coverage companies.
- Analyze data to identify emerging opportunities and risks and justify the reasoning for such.
- Provide BUY/SELL/HOLD recommendations and present findings to clients and the investment team.
- Assist in writing research reports to be published using several media platforms.
- Interact with institutional investors, communicating investment research and responding to requests for models and ad-hoc analysis.
- Develop deep expertise by unearthing news, transformations, trends and developments on coverage sectors
- Develop a network of sources and contacts in the industries to generate insights and story ideas to share with clients.
- Build relationships with investor relations teams of portfolio companies.
- Devise and perform primary research analysis, keeping abreast of trends and sentiments in the capital market.
- Liaise with internal sales and trading teams on responding to news, corporate actions, and reporting events.
- Maintain a public image for the firm at conferences/events.
- Disseminate the company’s research reports, building its brand and referring potential new clients.
- Graduated from University with a minimum of 2:2 in Economics, Accounting and Business Administration.
- Must have completed the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) scheme
- Be 27 years or below as at December 31, 2020
- 0-1 years’ experience in the financial services industry as an analyst
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in presenting and debating a point under pressure.
- Good understanding of financial statements
- Good understanding of economics
- Advanced MS Office Proficiency (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent networking and stakeholder management skills
- Well-developed organizational skills to respond to shifting priorities on multiple projects.
- The ability to work independently while functioning as part of a team.
- Demonstrated job commitment, as well as personal flexibility and adaptability required to meet client needs.
- A high degree of initiative, motivation, attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and a passion for excellence.
- The desire to learn and develop knowledge
- An excellent eye for detail and discrepancies
- Good research skills.
- Good presentation skills
Having the following are an advantage:
- CFA, ACA, FMVA, FMI or plans towards completing any of these certifications
- Bloomberg Terminal proficiency
- A profound understanding of equity markets on a global level.
- A deep understanding of fundamental analysis, financial modelling, asset allocation, and strategy research.
Job Type Full Time
Qualification BA/BSC/HND, MA/MBA/MSC
Experience 3 Years
Job Field Insurance
- The role holder will be responsible in assisting the technical team with the day to day operations in the unit by reviewing/ conducting assessment on different insurance policies to determine the associated risks involved for both the insurance company and the policyholder.
- He/ she must know and understand the operations in the insurance business industry in Nigeria.
- Entails reviewing of insurance applications to ensure that all necessary information required for processing a policy is provided and complete.
- Reviewing claims to ensure they are legitimate via their findings and also provide recommendations on payments to minimize losses.
- responsible for undertaking a thorough investigation to review the details surrounding a claim.
- Assisting the operations within the business by generating contract note and debit notes as at when needed
- Developing and maintaining relations internally and also partner effectively with all cross-functional teams
- Supporting new product development and assist with budgeting process of insurance
- Contributing to the business growth by assisting with development and research
- Contributing to marketing and sales efforts by providing information needed for proposals
- Ensuring to deliver all projects attain or exceed customer expectations
- Review supplier contract and other relevant insurance certificates
- A minimum of Bachelor degree in Insurance and Actuarial Science disciplines. Possession of MSc, MBA and relevant professional qualifications such as CIIN and other relevant certifications will be an added advantage.
- The individual must possess a minimum of 3 years of relevant industry experience.
- Good knowledge of both the technical and fundamentals/ regulations in the Nigeria insurance industry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Keen attention to details
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Highly collaborative and thrives well in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping
- Excellent business acumen
- Time management and organizational skills
- Sales/ Marketing Skills
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Confident negotiation skills
- Analytical skills
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.