Wema Bank offers a range of retail and SME banking, corporate banking, treasury, trade services and financial advisory to its ever-expanding clients. In 2009, the Bank underwent a strategic repositioning exercise which culminated in a decision to operate as a commercial Bank with regional authorisation in South-South Nigeria, South-West Nigeria, Lagos and Abuja in 2011. Operating a network of over 125 branches and service stations backed by a robust ICT platform across Nigeria, we are committed to long-term sustainability in our business whilst maintaining the highest standards of social responsibility, corporate governance and diversity in our operations.
Wema Bank - Banker In Training Program
Job Type Full Time
Qualification BA/BSC/HND, MA/MBA/MSC
Job Field Graduate Jobs
- For the past 75 years, Wema Bank has succeeded in maintaining her status as one of Nigeria’s most innovative brand. The Bank has consistently employed innovative approaches to solving the challenges in the Banking sector, and this is evident by her flagship solution – ALAT, Africa’s first fully digital bank. WEMA Bank have built a legacy of resilience and steadfastness over the years by continually standing by its customers every step of the way. She has risen to critical acclaim as not just a Bank offering exceptional customer services in the now, but a Bank for the future.
- Our workplace culture and values which place emphasis on staff progress and excellence has proven to be very influential in molding aspiring young bankers into industry leaders, with a track record to show.
- Our Bankers-in-Training Learning Program continues to offer such persons a great push to kick-start their banking career.
- The learning program combines classroom instruction, coaching and mentorship as well as on-the-job training. The program is focused on fast-tracked and structured development, with a view to sustaining high levels of performance and maximizing potential.
WEMA Bank hereby welcomes applications for her “2021 Bankers-in-Training Program” into the following business areas:
- Data Science
- Information Security
- Software Engineering
- Core Banking
To fast track to a bright future with us, you should meet the following requirements:
- A First Class, Second-Class Upper degree or Higher National Diploma (Distinction, Upper Credit)
- 5 O’ level credits (including English & Mathematics) at ONE sitting
- Maximum of 18 months work experience post- National Youth Service
- Not older than 26 years at the point of application
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Masters’ degree from a recognized university would be an added advantage.
- Relevant professional certification(s) would also be an advantage.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: June 15, 2021
Method of Application
- Wema Bank remains an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender identity, nationality or disability status.
- Interested and qualified candidates should indicate interest in one of the program tracks.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for an online assessment.