MTN Scholarship Scheme is an annual scholarship award that seeks to recognize and reward qualified high performing students. It is made up of the MTN Science and Technology Scholarship Scheme (MTN STSS) and the MTN Scholarship Scheme for Blind Students (MTN SSBS). Both Scholarships under the Youth Empowerment Cause, are currently in their 9th and 7th phase respectively.
This Scholarship is aimed at providing academic scholarships annually to a minimum of 500 students on full-time studies in accredited tertiary institutions (Universities, College of Education and Polytechnic) across the six geo-political zones across Nigeria.
Under both scholarships, eligible 300 level students studying Science & Technology related courses and blind students studying in Public Tertiary Institutions (Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education) across Nigeria
To be eligible to apply for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Candidates must be full time undergraduates in 300 level/3rd year in public Universities, Colleges of Education or Polytechnics in Nigeria.
- Applicants from Universities and Colleges of Education must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of 3.5 or its equivalent (2:1), while applicants from Polytechnics must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) and evidence of admission for the HND or Direct Entry Program.
- Current Beneficiaries of other Scholarship award(s) are not eligible to apply
Students studying any of the following courses can Apply;
• Agricultural Science
• Communication Technology
• Computer & Electronics
• Computer & Information Science
• Computer Science & Mathematics
• Computer Engineering
• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics And Electronics Technology
• Electronics Engineering
• Engineering Physics, Industrial Physics
• Information Technology
• Mechanical Engineering
• Physics Electronics
• Physics Engineering, Physics/Computational Modeling
• Pure/Applied Physics
• Statistics & Computer Science
• Industrial Mathematics
• Civil Engineering
• Bio-Medical Engineering
• and any other related courses
Deadline: 21st July 2020
Method of Application
Interested Scholarship applicants will have to fill an online application form through a link that would be provided below.
Candidates are expected to provide their details such as
- Full Name
- matriculation number
- course of study
- home address etc.
Names of successful candidates will be published in National Dailies and on the MTN Nigeria website